I’ve been collecting empties for over a year now, so suffice it to say I have an overflowing bin of bottles, tubes, and jars waiting to hit the recycle bin. If you aren’t familiar with “empties” posts or videos it’s basically where one says a few words about each product after having experiencing the entire contents and whether or not they’d buy it again. You really do have a better idea of how you like a product after using the entire thing. I have too many for one post, so I figured I’d turn it into a little series of posts that I can then continue on with. Cheers to No.1 and finally clearing out this giant bin in the corner of my office!
1) 100% Pure French Lavender Hydrating Body Wash: Unfortunately they don’t seem to have this in stock anymore. Which is a bummer because I absolutely loved it. Despite the fact that the pump squeaked annoyingly. I assume it was just a defective pump, but even with the squeak I would probably buy it again. My husband loved it too. The pump turned the liquid inside into foam and you could feel the foam texture working to cleanse and remove dirt from your skin. It left me feeling really fresh, hydrated, and the natural lavender scent was calming.
2) Pacifica Indian Coconut Nectar Body Wash: I used this as a treat in shower here and there and sometimes poured a bit in if I was running a bath. It smells SO good! A blend of coconut, creamy vanilla, and vetiver. Vegan, sulfate-free. At $10 I would definitely buy this again…next time I reorder some of my other favorites from Pacifica it will be on my list. It left my skin soft, and cleansed without stripping/drying.
3-4) Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Hydrating Serum and Daytime Facial Cream: Oh how I love this little duo. I’ve actually already repurchased the daytime facial cream and am halfway through the second one. I’d repurchase the serum too but have had other ones in line to try so haven’t had a need yet. I love this company and these are also great sizes for travel – though be careful they’re glass. You can read more of my thoughts on Sibu here.
5-6) Acure Pure Mint + Echinacea Stem Cell Shampoo + Conditioner: I love how minty and refreshing these are on my scalp, especially on a hot summer day. I’m already on my second of each of these and since my husband likes them too, and they’re reasonably priced will be repurchasing more down the line. They’re for normal to Fine/Limp Hair and mine is very fine, though has a natural wave. I like a shampoo and conditioner that hydrate without weighing down and these seem to work well.
7) MyChelle Daily Defense Cream SPF 17: I’m not sure if its because my lucky/favorite number has always been 17, or because of the healthy ingredients they’ve used, but I really enjoyed using this SPF cream on my face. It’s hard to find a good sunscreen that doesn’t my face feel greasy and gross. This one didn’t make me break out (my number one concern when it comes to sunscreen besides protecting me from the sun). I used it mostly on a bare face when I was out walking and exercising last summer/fall but it could also be worn under makeup. I’d kind of wish it was in a pump instead of a jar…but then again with a jar you know you can get every last drop… I’m still working to finish other sunscreens right now, but this one will remain on my list of repurchase possibilities.
8) Sibu Beauty Sea Buckthorn Replenishing Night Cream: Love this night cream!! It became a winter staple for me last season and this fall I’ll be repurchasing it so that I have it at the ready when cold weather hits. I also wrote about it in my Winter Necessities post. And I know I was just saying I don’t know how I feel about jars, but I really love the look and shape of this one!
9) Dessert Essence Organics Bulgarian Lavender Body Wash: I liked this body wash, but didn’t love it. There is really nothing wrong with it, and I don’t have anything bad to say about it, I just enjoyed other lavender body washes more (see above).
That’s it for my first empties post. Look for another installment soon! What products have you finished lately and what did you think of them? I’d love to hear in the comments below! – xo Naomi